Thank you for using our website which is owned and operated by Nova Productions (“we”), 62 Ascot Avenue, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6HE.
We have created this policy to let you (the “User”) know;
- that we respect your privacy and confidentiality; and
- to disclose the online data collection and use practices of Nova Productions for www.novatv.co.uk (the “Website”) and associated sites owned or operated by Nova Productions.
Nova Productions may modify, alter or otherwise update this policy at any time. We will indicate any changes by updating the date at the top of the policy. We encourage you to review this policy from time to time.
1. PRIVACY PRACTICES AND POLICIES & OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your e-mail address and other personally identifying data will be known to Nova Productions only when you voluntarily submit such information to or through the Website, in writing to Nova Productions or via email. We may use this personal information to contact you if we change our services or terms or if we need to give you notice under those terms.
If you decide to apply to be a contributor on any Nova Productions' programmes we may ask you to provide certain personal information. In order to deliver the best possible programmes that we can we need to know as much as possible about our contributors to evaluate whether you would be a suitable contributor for that show. We may then have to share this information with members of the programme production team and relevant staff at the broadcaster of the programme. If we do select you to be a contributor in a programme then we may also use this information during the development and production of the programme.
Nova will minimise the data captured to specifically what is required for the purpose of each production, ensure it is stored securely and for only as long as is required.
Examples of the type of information we will capture includes but is not limited to;
- Biographical information or current living situation, including dates of birth, phone numbers and email addresses
- Looks, appearance and behaviour, including eye colour, weight and character traits.
- Workplace data and information about education, including salary, tax information and student numbers.
- Private and subjective data, including religion, political opinions and geo-tracking data.
- Health, sickness and genetics, including medical history, genetic data and information about sick leave.
Working for Nova
If you are applying to work with or for Nova Productions as a worker or self-employed contractor, we will ask for personal information from job applicants including C.V’s and any ancillary information provided as part of your application to assist with our recruitment processes. Any personal information about you which is obtained by us during the application process (including any information obtained directly from you or from third parties such as your referees or as part of pre-employment checks) or as part of pre-employment checks may be retained and used by us for the purposes of considering your suitability for employment, conducting appropriate checks and as otherwise reasonably required for our legitimate interests and compliance with applicable law. If your application is successful, and you subsequently become employed or engaged by us, the information described above will form part of your personnel file. If we do not employ/engage you, we may still retain you CV and personal data for up to 2 years so that we can consider you for future roles.
The information you provide us with may also be used to send you information that we believe may be of interest to you, such as information about programmes, opportunities, products or services offered by Nova Productions or its affiliates. However, no one will send that information to you unless you opt-in to receive it at the time you register.
If you decide at any time in the future that you wish to begin receiving such information (if you previously opted-out) or that you wish to cease receiving such information (if you previously opted-in), you may change your preferences at any time by following the instructions on the Privacy tab of our Website or as detailed in any email that we will send out to you.
2. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
As a general rule, we will not disclose any personal information we collect from you without your consent. However, we may disclose personal information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing information from us, we may share your information with our affiliated companies. We will not share your personal information with other third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described above, including personally identifiable information, to third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of Nova Productions.
Nova Productions strictly protects the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We use current industry standard technology to maintain the confidentiality and accuracy of the information you provide to us. To protect your personal information, we use “secure servers”, however, we cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us will be free from unauthorized third party intrusion.
The site, may contain a number of links to other sites. You should be aware that these sites are beyond our control and are therefore not covered by this statement.
- Google Analytics (3rd party). We use this to see how many visitors we are getting, and how they found us. You can find out more about Google Analytics’ Cookies here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics
- Social Media Sharing and Integration (3rd party). We use Facebook and Twitter functionality within this site so that you can share items of interest, or become a fan of our Social Media Profiles. You can find out more about Facebook’s Cookie use here, and Twitter’s here.